How We Help
Helping Hand of Hope provides the following services:
- Rent Assistance (30 days overdue & eviction notice)
- Utility Assistance (30 days overdue & cut-off notice)
- Clothing Assistance
- Food Assistance
- Prescription Assistance (client needs to contact the Hardin-Larue Co. Community Clinic first)
- Furniture/Appliance Assistance
- Transportation Assistance for Hardin Co. residents with out-of-county medical appointments
- Job Readiness/Job Placement (Contact Carolyn at 270-769-3092 for an appointment)
- Budgeting Classes (Contact Carolyn at 270-769-3092 for an appointment)
For assistance, please provide the following:
- Income statement (such as, pay stubs for the past 30 days) for all those in the household who receive income
- Photo ID for all adults in the household
- Social Security cards for everyone (adults & children) living in the household.
- A food stamp letter and card
- Proof of residency in Hardin County (such as, lease or utility bill)
- For rental assistance – an eviction notice indicating rent is at least thirty (30) days overdue
- For utility assistance – a dated cut-off notice indicating that the bill is at least thirty (30) days overdue.
If you would like to assist Helping Hand of Hope in our mission by making a financial contribution, you can make your donations online via PayPal or by mailing a check to P.O. Box 642, Elizabethtown Kentucky 42702.
Donations for our thrift shop are gratefully accepted at our office at 6796 S. Wilson Rd in Elizabethtown.
Donation pick-up is available for donated furniture or appliances.